Gather your Viking Tribe for an epic journey on July 27 – Pre-Orders are Now Live!
The end is nigh, and it is up to you to save Midgard! Norsfell and Gearbox Publishing today announced the co-op action survival RPG Tribes of Midgard will launch July 27 on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4 and Steam. Hack and slash through enemies, monsters and Jötnar (Giants), all to thrive in the wilderness as you collect the resources necessary to defend your village from a nightly invasion of Helthings. Your tribe’s might will be tested in two different game modes: a session-based Saga Mode and an endless Survival Mode. Grab your axe and preorder the standard edition of Tribes of Midgard on the PlayStation Store and Steam for $19.99 USD, or the deluxe edition, featuring platform-exclusive armor, weapons and pets, for $29.98 USD on Steam and $29.99 USD on the PlayStation Store.
Tribes of Midgard is set in the colorful world of the ancient Norse. Since the dawn of the Nine Realms, the Seeds of the World Tree Yggdrasil have protected and nourished Midgard – what we know as Earth. These seeds are now scattered and hidden throughout the realm. Ancient evils and enemies of Asgard seek to extinguish these flickering remnants of life to bring about Ragnarök – the end of the world. Your mission? Protect the Seeds, Viking!
You’ll take control of an Einherjar, a glorious Viking hero in Valhalla, hand-picked by the Valkyries to protect the Seeds and save Midgard. Tribes of Midgard is designed from the ground-up with both solo and co-op play in mind, so bring as many as nine other Einherjar with you – the game automatically balances the challenge based on your party size. You’ll work together to bolster your defenses, venture into the unknown wilderness, defeat monsters and Giants, and more! Choose among eight different classes and numerous combat styles that suit your playstyle.
“Tribes of Midgard is the right kind of game for anyone who wants to test their Viking skills. People who want to play solo can face a great challenge on their own, and folks who want to play with friends will have a blast – we think we’ve found the perfect balance,” says Julian Maroda, Co-Founder, CEO, and Creative Director at Norsfell. “We’ve poured our hearts and souls into this game, and what came out is a bright, lively world with engaging, class-based co-op combat that players can explore and survive together.”
Tribes of Midgard key features:
- An Ever-Changing World to Explore: A vast, procedurally-generated world filled with ancient relics, daunting dungeons and treacherous enemy camps. Midgard’s regions are home to unique weather effects that impact your survival, and during the game’s day-night cycle, fearsome foes emerge in the darkness.
- Unique game modes:
- Saga Mode: players build, craft and fight their way to the ultimate confrontation against epic world bosses before Fimbulwinter – the prophesied endless winter that signals Ragnarök’s arrival. This mode will receive seasonal updates that add new content, bosses and more on a regular basis.
- Survival Mode: a survival-focused sandbox that challenges players with defending their village against a constant flow of enemies that become stronger the longer they survive. Parameters selected affect the Season XP earned. The World is saved when you exit and can be revisited.
- Classic Top-Down Combat: Hack-and-slashing Viking action with an isometric look and feel, built in a stunning 3D environment.
- Crafting and Building: Craft legendary gear, build structures to traverse difficult terrain and share resources with your companions.
- Progression, Loot and Treasure: A rewarding progression system based on leveling up across eight specialized classes, crafting and looting stronger weapons and armor, and collecting over 30 different rune modifiers that can make you the ultimate Viking warrior.
- Challenging Boss Battles: Giants that reign over the land with their terrifying stature and will arrive at your village gates every few days. They can crush the underprepared in a single blow, so make sure you’re ready.
- Seasonal Content: Continuous updates and seasonal content to keep Midgard fresh, maintaining an ever-evolving world that lets you live out the myth of Ragnarök in all of its aspects.
Come, Einherjar – Midgard needs you. Valhalla can wait!
Norsfell is a game developer based in Montreal, Canada. Like the great Vikings from the past, they too sail over the oceans, helped by the gods. The studio creates games for all platforms that have already been downloaded more than 1 million times and won numerous awards. Norsfell was founded in 2013 with one mission in mind: to forge new genres that bring people together. Learn more at www.Norsfell.com.