NEW EXPANSION ADDS FIRE REALM WHILE FREE LIGHTBRINGER UPDATE ADDS CROSS-GEN MATCHMAKING, NEW GAME MODE, AND NEARLY 100 NEW COSMETICS AND LOOT ITEMS
FRISCO, Texas – August 10, 2021 – Incredible new Godfall content rolled out today with a new expansion and free update, Gearbox Publishing announced this morning. Gearbox also hailed that the award-winning game is now available on the PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 communities can now party-up with their friends via PlayStation Network to tackle Godfall’s new expansion – Fire & Darkness.* Additionally, all versions of the game receive the free Lightbringer Update, which includes: a brand-new game mode, endgame matchmaking beta, unique cosmetics, and powerful new loot items, as well as additional quality of life enhancements. To get a taste of the action, watch the Fire & Darkness trailer here.
“We are overjoyed with the response from the PlayStation community to Godfall and are thrilled to welcome even more players to the world of Aperion through PlayStation 4,” commented Keith Lee, CEO of Counterplay Games. “Godfall is an immensely exciting and ambitious project for us, and we are always listening and learning from player feedback – especially for this next chapter. With Fire & Darkness and Lightbringer’s additions and enhancements, now is the perfect time for both new and returning players to dive into Godfall.”
Godfall Deluxe and Ascended Editions on PlayStation 4
Godfall is set in Aperion, a land on the precipice of ruin. You are the last of the Valorian knights, a god-like sect of warriors able to equip Valorplates, legendary armor sets that transform wielders into unstoppable masters of melee combat. Utilize breathtaking weapons to climb through the elemental realms of Aperion as you tear through foes and challenge the mad god, Macros, who awaits you at the top of the Skybreaker Monolith.
- Godfall, including the Lightbringer Update, and all previous updates to the game
- Cross-gen play, allowing PS4 and PS5 players to play cooperatively in both campaign and endgame content
- Free upgrade path for PS4 players once they transition to PS5
- Fire & Darkness expansion
- Ascended Edition includes three gold variant cosmetics, five weapon cosmetics, coop banner, gold shield variant, custom multiplayer lobby nameplate, orange Vertigo variant, as well as access to the Fire & Darkness expansion
- MSRP: Deluxe Edition $59.99, Ascended Edition $69.99
Fire & Darkness Expansion
The Fire & Darkness expansion unlocks the Fire realm, brimming with new threats to extinguish and powerful loot to claim. An all-consuming darkness threatens to spread throughout Aperion and rid the world of all light. Players who purchased Deluxe or Ascended editions previously for any platform gain immediate access. Base game is required to play Fire & Darkness expansion.
- Epic new story missions and cutscenes
- Explore the obsidian peaks and azure magma rivers challenging Moirax and the Flameblood Tribe. Face off against five new bosses and more than 10 new enemy types
- Fire Realm content for Dreamstones, Tower of Trials, and the all-new Lightbringer endgame modes
- Claim more than 20 new Valorplate skins that are sure to make any Aperion warrior standout from their fellow knights
- MSRP: $19.99
Lightbringer Update – Free for all Godfall players
The Seventh Sanctum’s light has been trapped and the most powerful of knights will be needed to release and spread it. Building up enough strength to face the all-consuming darkness, players will find up to three Tears they will need to close while contending with dark forces. After completing each Tear, they will be offered the opportunity to accept a curse. The more curses selected, the greater the power of your enemies, but if successful, the greater the reward after facing the final challenge. The end phase of the mode will have players fighting unprecedented combinations of enemies.
- Endgame matchmaking beta – fight alongside friends and take on Godfall’s toughest endgame challenges with three-player PvE online matchmaking for Ascended Tower of Trials and Lightbringer mode
- Over 40 new loot items including a new tier of Cursed items that grant players a massive boon, if they are up to the challenge of lifting the Curse and unlocking the item’s full potential
For assets and additional information on Godfall, please visit the press kit linked here.
Awards Won by Godfall to Date:
- Game Audio Network Guild Award Nominee – Best Original Soundtrack Album
- NYX Gaming Award:
- Best Art Direction (Grand)
- Best Multiplayer Game (Grand)
- Best Visual Art (Grand)
- Best Music (Grand)
- Best Action Game (Grand)
- Audio Design (Gold)
About Gearbox Publishing:
Founded in 2016, Gearbox Publishing was established with the goal of helping developers around the world bring their products to market while retaining their unique creative visions. The mission began with the critically-acclaimed Homeworld Remastered Collection for PC, and has since been followed by many partnerships that include tiny Build’s Hello Neighbor, System Era Softworks’ Astroneer, Compulsion Games’ We Happy Few, Hopoo’s Risk of Rain 2 and Counterplay Games’ PlayStation 5 launch title, Godfall. Gearbox Publishing remains committed to its mission to entertain the world and become the most developer-friendly publisher in the industry. The Gearbox Entertainment Company is a proud member of the Embracer Group AB family of companies, which is publicly traded at Nasdaq First North (EMBRAC B). For more information, visit www.gearbox.com.
About Counterplay Games:
Counterplay Games is an independent video game studio based in California, assembling a worldclass team with the singular vision to craft games focused on high levels of personal mastery, drawing from our past experiences working on God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Diablo III, Gears 5, Titanfall 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Destiny 2, Evolve, Halo 5, Call of Duty, Overwatch and Ratchet & Clank. Learn more at www.counterplaygames.com
*Base game required in order to play Fire & Darkness Expansion content