NEW EDITION OF THE GAME INCLUDES FULL ACCESS TO ENDGAME AND CO-OP, MAX LEVEL BOOST, AND LEGENDARY GEAR
FRISCO, Texas (December 7, 2021) – Godfall: Challenger Edition launched on the PlayStation Plus and is free until December 31, Gearbox Publishing announced today. Players will be able to pick up the Godfall: Challenger Edition for free on PlayStation Plus now through December 31. It will also be available for free in the Epic Games Store for PC from December 9-16, 2021. Godfall: Challenger Edition can also be purchased directly for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and for Windows PC on the Epic Game Store for $14.99.
Godfall: Challenger Edition empowers players to jump into the entirety of Godfall’s Endgame as a standalone experience with other players or solo, and provides a plethora of features that makes the journey compelling. Players will have the ability to take on Godfall’s most challenging modes – Ascended Tower of Trials, Lightbringer & Dreamstones – unlock all 12 Valorplates, tackle 450 Ascension Levels, and find the best gear via the newly added Quests system.
“With the Challenger Edition, players can immediately tackle our most formidable endgame content, collect powerful loot, and construct their perfect build,” said Daniel Nordlander, game director at Counterplay Games. “This is an amazing opportunity for new players to join with the existing Godfall community and embrace the true power climb that awaits them. We can’t wait to share additional information on future Godfall updates coming to all of our players.”
In addition to allowing new players to jump directly into endgame content, Godfall: Challenger Edition and its corresponding free update also includes new features for existing players such as the new Quest System, an additional way to play that also provides players with legendary rewards.
When a player sets out on a Quest, they will be met with eight randomized objectives that may involve anything from combat to collecting to participating in one of the specific endgame modes. Players who complete these tasks and fill their Quest XP bar will be rewarded with three versions of a legendary item, enhancing Godfall’s existing character customization options. Alternatively, players can also opt to spend resources to duplicate and obtain new versions of items already in their inventory enabling them to more precisely target the gear they need to refine their build.
Players can expect more new content for Godfall in 2022, Gearbox Publishing confirmed earlier this month in a new roadmap. Updates include a new game mode, Valorplate gameplay improvements and other, yet-to-be revealed content and additions.
Download Godfall: Challenger Edition for PlayStation Plus here. Notes on the Challenger Update for current players can be found here.
Additional details – Godfall: Challenger Edition:
Instantly Boost Your Player Level to Max Level
- All players have the option to immediately jump to Player Level 50, which comes with a plethora of skill points and a spread of deadly weapons for your Valorplates.
Dive Straight Into the Endgame
- Use your max level Valorplate to challenge Godfall’s three endgame modes: Lightbringer, Dreamstones, and the Ascended Tower of Trials.
- Lightbringer: A battle against an all-consuming darkness that threatens to snuff out all light from the realms of Aperion. Players willing to persevere through selected curses will receive increasingly greater rewards – and face ever more challenging hordes until the blighted Heart of Darkness is banished in an epic final battle.
- Dreamstones: Engage in randomized encounters by reliving the memories of Orin and gain unique rewards each time you play. The curses bestowed on the aptly named Cursed Loot tier can be lifted by completing challenges in Dreamstones and Ascended Tower of Trials.
- Ascended Tower of Trials: Put your skills to the test in an ever more challenging climb to the top of the tower gaining boons and facing fierce bosses along the way in the pursuit of juicy loot drops.
Obtain and Customize Legendary Loot
- Master five unique weapon classes and forge weapon upgrades and enchantments.
Perfect Your Build
- Combine a diverse array of skills and gear to become the ultimate Exalted Knight.
Play With Your Fellow Valorians
- Godfall: Challenger Edition’s endgame matchmaking and co-op is compatible with all editions of Godfall and supports cross-gen play on PlayStation 4 and 5.
Upgrade to the Deluxe Edition to Experience the Epic Godfall Campaign
- Want to experience the enhanced story campaign of Godfall: Challenger Edition players can purchase the Deluxe Edition at any time for $44.99, gaining access to both the Godfall and Fire & Darkness campaigns, as well as a slew of weapons, items, and unlockable cosmetics.
*New Boss Rewards
- All existing Godfall players will receive The Challenger update for free, which adds new cosmetics for defeating the campaign bosses, as well as the ability to replay story missions.
*Quest System Introduces New Challenges and Legendary Rewards
- The adventure doesn’t stop once you’ve faced Macros! All players will have access to the new Quests; an endless array of unique challenges that reward dedicated Valorians with legendary loot.
*Boss cosmetics, Quests and QoL improvements are available to existing Godfall players in addition to Challenger/Deluxe Edition owners. Additional details can be found here.
Godfall: The Story So Far
In addition to Godfall’s core content, which saw players adventuring across three sprawling realms and helping Orin defeat his corrupted brother, Macros, the game received a large variety of new content and quality-of-life enhancements throughout its first year.
Following its release on November 12, 2020, Godfall’s first major free update, the Primal Update, was released on February 11, 2021 with a focus on expanding endgame challenges and loot:
- Ascension Levels – Power up beyond the level cap and gain new Ascension Powers and Bonuses
- Extensive rework to Tower of Trials and Dreamstones endgame activities
- All-new Primal items
- New Shopkeeper
Godfall’s next free update, Lightbringer, released on August 10, introduced more of everything:
- Lightbringer Endgame Mode
- Matchmaking Beta
- 40+ new Loot Items, including powerful Cursed Items
- 50+ new Valorplate skins
- Overhaul to the Ailments system
Launched alongside Lightbringer, Godfall’s first expansion, Fire & Darkness, opened up an entirely new realm for players to venture into:
- The Fire Realm
- 4 new Story Missions
- 5 new Hunt Missions
- 1 new Explore the Realm Mission
- 12 new Enemies
- 5 new Bosses
- New Fire Realm Dreamstones
- Fire Realm enemies and bosses in the Ascended Tower of Trials
- 30 new in-game earnable cosmetics