Risk of Rain 2: Survivors of the Void Introduces Its Second New Survivor, Void Fiend
Control your power or die trying as Risk of Rain 2 comes to Epic Games Store
FRISCO, Texas – February 15, 2022 – The second new survivor joining Risk of Rain 2 in Survivors of the Void, Void Fiend, was announced today by Gearbox Publishing and Hopoo Games during the Survivor #2 Reveal Stream. Additionally, Gearbox and Hopoo revealed that Risk of Rain 2 and Survivors of the Void are coming to Epic Games Store on March 1, 2022, the same day the DLC launches on Steam.
Void Fiend is the perfect Survivor for players who love a risk-and-reward style. His unique mechanic, Void Corruption, grants a huge power boost and affects Void Fiend’s other skills. Corruption is increased by taking damage and reduced by healing, but is always slowly creeping higher and higher. Once your Corruption reaches 100%, Void Fiend transforms into a more aggressive form. This cursed Commando is just one piece of Survivors of the Void, a can’t-miss expansion that pushes the boundaries of Risk of Rain 2’s beloved gameplay cycle further than any previous update, adding the hard hitting Railgunner Survivor, 40 items, five stages, nine monsters, an alternative endgame boss, an endless horde mode, new music and more.
Void Fiend’s reveal is detailed across a range of new content, including:
- Void Fiend Trailer
- Expansive and informative Dev Thoughts
- Written Dev Thoughts on Steam
“Survivors of the Void is full of opportunities for players to experience their greatest challenges yet, and Void Fiend embodies the multitude of approaches to overcome these obstacles – balancing the risk and reward of survivability and damage output,” says Paul Morse, co-founder of Hopoo Games. “To master this survivor, players are going to need to ebb and flow between a tanky mid-range playstyle and an all out close range void wrecking ball.”
Void Fiend Skill Details:
- His unique mechanic, Void Corruption, grants a huge power boost and affects Void Fiend’s other skills. Corruption is increased by taking damage and reduced by healing, but is always slowly creeping higher and higher. Once your Corruption reaches 100%, Void Fiend transforms into a more aggressive form.
- Corruption is also Void Fiend’s healing mechanic: you’ll need to spend Corruption to heal Void Fiend, constantly balancing between healing and damage-dealing to survive.
- Each of Void Fiend’s four abilities have dramatically different effects based on his form at the time:
- In Void Fiend’s controlled form, Drown fires a slowing long-range beam for 300% damage. In his corrupted form, Drown transforms into a short-range rapid-fire beam that rips and tears through your enemies foolish enough to attack you
- Flood fires a plasma missile for 600% damage, and can be charged to deal 1100% damage. When Corrupted, Flood fires instantly at 1100% damage and also has twice the explosive radius.
- Trespass, in Void Fiend’s controlled form, vanishes him into the void, cleansing all debuffs and moving him forward in an upward arc – it’s great for escaping tough situations or reaching higher ground. When Corrupted, Trespass becomes an aggressive leap forward, allowing him to quickly close the distance and get to damage-dealing while up close and personal.
- With Void Fiend, everything comes at a price, and Suppress holds the key to maintaining his current form. In controlled form, Void Fiend consumes 25% Corruption and converts it into instant 25% healing, and when Corrupted, he consumes 25% of his health to instead increase corruption by 25% allowing him to remain in the more aggressive corrupted form for longer.
- Escape Petrichor V with Void Fiend to unlock additional ability variations and an alternate skin.
“Void Fiend answers the age-old question: what happens if you leave Commando out in the rain?” joked Duncan Drummond, co-founder of Hopoo Games. “In all seriousness, we fell in love with the idea of letting players experience the Void as a character who has seen its depths and been altered by the darkness. It creates an entirely different gameplay experience unlike any Survivor currently in the game, all while harkening back to classic Survivors players know and love.”
Risk of Rain 2 is a fast-paced, co-op roguelike shooter developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing. Players can team with up to three other friends, play as 11 unique Survivors, and trek through more than a dozen stages to escape the alien planet, Petrichor V. With unlockable alternate abilities, tons of items to discover on runs, and equippable Artifacts to shake up gameplay, no two runs are ever the same.
Survivors of the Void launches on Steam and Epic Games Store on March 1, 2022 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $15 USD, with the console release coming in Q2 of 2022 and Google Stadia coming soon. Risk of Rain 2 is available on Steam, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™ and Google Stadia. Stay tuned to Risk of Rain 2 on Twitter for further announcements for Survivors of the Void.