Take on Serpent Saga Boss Jörmungandr in Tribes of Midgard Season 2: Serpent Saga
Boatloads of Free New Content Arrives in Tribes of Midgard Today!
FRISCO, Texas — December 14, 2021 — Tribes of Midgard Season 2: Serpent Saga is available now on Steam, the PlayStation Store, and the Epic Games Store. Enter the world of Midgard to sail, swim, and slash your way to the new Saga Boss: Jörmungandr, the World Serpent! Everyone who owns Tribes of Midgard can dive into the all-new Season 2 content for free, including a new Open Seas biome, new weapons and armor, five new Runes, six new Starter Kits, Boats, Swimming, new exotic enemies and foes to take down, new Saga Quests, a new Rewards Track and various quality-of-life improvements! You can also ring in the holiday season with a festive Yulidays event.
Watch the Tribes of Midgard Season 2: Serpent Saga trailer here: https://youtu.be/vHcp3u8moNM.
“Season 2 is the next evolution of Tribes of Midgard – boating opens up our bright Viking sandbox and introduces players to new ways to play, new enemies and of course a brand new Saga Boss,” said Julian Maroda, Creative Director of Norsfell. “We endeavor to make Tribes of Midgard an ever-growing world where our players can return for new adventures together, time and time again – Serpent Saga is one more step along this path. We will continue to deliver on this promise with the help and feedback of our community of 1 million players.”
Sail from island to island as you find and unlock the Lair of the all new Saga Boss, the World Serpent Jörmungandr, or choose to focus on Season 1 Saga Boss Fenrir, or both in the same session for the most daring of Vikings! The world of Midgard is now surrounded by the Open Seas and smaller islands for Vikings to explore, full of exotic enemies and rewards. Does your Tribe have what it takes to defend this daring new Midgard?
Season 2: Serpent Saga Key Features:
● A New Saga Boss – Players now have another mythical beast to tackle before Fimbulwinter – Jörmungandr. The World Serpent resides in his Lair at the heart of the ocean, and is notorious for his deadly poison, enormous size, and mastery of the seas. Take to the Open Seas to find all three Beacons to unlock Jörmungandr’s Lair, and challenge the beast.
● Shipyard – Your Shipyard, located right outside your village on an Ash Beach biome, will need to be rebuilt to craft Boat kits and take to the seas! Smaller boats are flimsier, but are more nimble and require less materials. Leveling up your Shipyard unlocks larger boats that can hold more players, travel faster, and have more HP, but cost more resources.
● Boats – Vikings can now sail the seven seas by building and constructing Boat Kits crafted in the Shipyard. Boats can be built only in the Open Seas off a coastline – not in rivers or ponds.
● Swimming – For shorter trips, or on the off chance your ship takes a turn for the worse, Vikings can now swim in any body of water! Swimming is limited by your Viking’s Stamina gauge – so make sure you’re back on your boat or dry land when that bar hits zero, or you’ll start taking damage until the water claims you.
● New Enemies – The islands of Midgard are home to a variety of new friends and foes that are like nothing your Tribe has ever experienced:
○ The sneaky Selkie disguises itself as a Seal and can use their mythical abilities to slow your attack speed and boost their own. Keep an eye out though – sometimes a Seal is just a Seal.
○ Enigmatic Fossegrim travel in groups and use their lyres to play magical songs that boost their nearby allies’ armor, attack and speed stats, or even revive them when they die. An exceptionally agitated Fossegrim can even play a song that siphons Viking’s Souls, so stay alert!
● Five new Runes bolster your options and provide new strategies. From the powerful unarmed combat boosts given by Nothing to Wield, to Harvest Boom making a small explosion every time you gather resources, these new Runes give players even more options for customizing their Vikings.
● Armor Perks – Every piece of Armor in Tribes of Midgard now contains an additional passive bonus. Each Perk is assigned to a particular Armor Set, so if you want to maximize a certain effect, you can equip multiple pieces from the same Armor Set to stack the bonus. You can also mix and match Armor Perks for custom builds and skills!
● Six new Starter Kits to shake-up that early-game routine! Unlock these as you play through Saga 2 and find new ways to get an early jump on the Jötnar.
● Timed Seasonal Events – Additionally, Norsfell revealed the upcoming three-week Yulidays event, where players can unlock cosmetics, a pet, and other festive goodies as a part of three limited-time Festive Challenges. Make sure to log in every week to unlock all the Yuliday drops – it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Find full patch notes here.
The standard edition of Tribes of Midgard is available on the PlayStation Store, Steam, and Epic Games Store for $19.99 USD, or the Deluxe Edition, featuring platform-exclusive armor, weapons and pets, for $29.98 USD on Steam and $29.99 USD on the Epic Game Store and the PlayStation Store. Both versions include Season 1 and Season 2 content, as well as all future Seasonal content. Players on Steam and Epic Games Store can enable crossplay by syncing their accounts.
Tribes of Midgard is a co-op game with a unique blend of action, survival, and roguelite elements. Experience Norsfell’s creative vision of this bright and colorful world, and explore by land or sea to gather loot as you hack and slash through enemies – all to protect the Seed of Yggdrasil. Only by protecting the Seed can you and your tribe stop Ragnarök—the end of the world! Your tribe’s might will be tested in two different game modes: a session-based Saga Mode and an endless Survival Mode. A variety of objectives, enemies, and areas of exploration offers endless-replayability and fun.
For more information on the game, visit www.TribesofMidgard.com and follow us on Twitter.