GODFALL: CHALLENGER EDITION ANNOUNCED; COMING TO PLAYSTATION PLUS
INCLUDES A MAX LEVEL BOOST TO JUMP STRAIGHT INTO ENDGAME
FRISCO, Texas (December 1, 2021) – Gearbox Publishing and Counterplay Games continue to celebrate the one year anniversary of action role-playing game, Godfall, by announcing Godfall: Challenger Edition, coming to PlayStation 4 and 5 on December 7.
The Godfall: Challenger Edition is priced at $14.99, and will also be available for free on PlayStation Plus from December 7-31.
“Godfall has been an amazing ride so far,” said Daniel Nordlander, Game Director at Counterplay Games. “This is such a labor of love for the dev team, and we’re excited to be opening up the experience to even more players through PlayStation Plus. Whether you’re just joining the community or have been with us from the start, the game is currently the best it’s ever been.”
Check out the PlayStation blog announcement here, and see what the Challenger Edition has to offer below:
Instantly Boost Your Player Level to Max Level
● All players have the option to immediately jump to Player Level 50, which comes with a plethora of skill points and a spread of deadly weapons for your Valorplates.
Dive Straight Into the Endgame
● Use your max level Valorplate to challenge Godfall’s three endgame modes: Lightbringer, Dreamstones, and the Ascended Tower of Trials.
Obtain and Customize Legendary Loot
● Master five unique weapon classes and forge weapon upgrades and enchantments.
Perfect Your Build
● Combine a diverse array of skills and gear to become the ultimate Exalted Knight.
Play With Your Fellow Valorians
● Godfall: Challenger Edition’s endgame matchmaking and co-op is compatible with all editions of Godfall and supports cross-gen play on PlayStation 4 and 5.
Easy Upgrade to the Deluxe Edition to Experience the Epic Godfall Campaign
● Want to experience the enhanced story campaign of Godfall: Challenger Edition players can purchase the Deluxe Edition at any time for $44.99, gaining access to both the Godfall and Fire & Darkness campaigns, as well as a slew of weapons, items, and unlockable cosmetics.
*New Boss Rewards
● All existing Godfall players will receive The Challenger update for free, which adds new cosmetics for defeating the campaign bosses, as well as the ability to replay story missions.
*Quest System Introduces New Challenges and Legendary Rewards
● The adventure doesn’t stop once you’ve faced Macros! All players will have access to the new Quests; an endless array of unique challenges that reward dedicated Valorians with legendary loot.
*Boss cosmetics and Quests are available to existing Godfall players in addition to Challenger/Deluxe Edition owners
Godfall: The Story So Far
In addition to Godfall’s core content, which saw players adventuring across three sprawling realms and helping Orin defeat his corrupted brother, Macros, the game received a large variety of new content and quality-of-life enhancements throughout its first year.
Following its release on November 12, 2020, Godfall’s first major free update, the Primal Update, was released on February 11, 2021 with a focus on expanding endgame challenges and loot:
● Ascension Levels – Power up beyond the level cap and gain new Ascension Powers and Bonuses
● Extensive rework to Tower of Trials and Dreamstones endgame activities
● All-new Primal items
● New Shopkeeper
Godfall’s next free update, Lightbringer, released on August 10, introduced more of everything:
● Lightbringer Endgame Mode
● Matchmaking Beta
● 40+ new Loot Items, including powerful Cursed Items
● 50+ new Valorplate skins
● Overhaul to the Ailments system
Launched alongside Lightbringer, Godfall’s first expansion, Fire & Darkness, opened up an entirely new realm for players to venture into:
● The Fire Realm
○ 4 new Story Missions
○ 5 new Hunt Missions
○ 1 new Explore the Realm Mission
○ 12 new Enemies
○ 5 new Bosses
● New Fire Realm Dreamstones
● Fire Realm enemies and bosses in the Ascended Tower of Trials
● 30 new in-game earnable cosmetics