SUBNAUTICA TAKES A PLUNGE ONTO PLAYSTATION®4 AND XBOX ONE
Digital Downloads and Retail Copies of Underwater Open Adventure Game Now Available
FRISCO, Texas – December 4, 2018 – Today, Unknown Worlds Entertainment, the independent developer and publisher behind the Natural Selection series, announced Subnautica is now available on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. Over 3 million players have downloaded the underwater, open world adventure game since it originally launched on PC in January 2018. Thanks to independent studio Panic Button, the game has been developed for both PlayStation®4 and Xbox One and features enhanced graphics and optimized controls. Starting today, Subnautica is available for digital download worldwide in the PlayStation® Store and the Microsoft Store for $29.99. As part of a partnership with Gearbox Publishing, retail copies of the game are available in stores across North America today and in Europe by December 7.
Press assets for Subnautica are available for download here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4v0n7lm92is0szk/AABHl6LcGy8x6HSWazmgrpi9a?dl=0
Subnautica lets PlayStation®4 and Xbox One players discover a breathtaking, but perilous underwater world. An unexpected crash on a mysterious planet tasks explorers with scouring an alien ocean to locate vital resources, while escaping terrifying creatures who dwell in the deepest, darkest crevices of the sea. Each player’s journey through this immersive underwater world also allows them to catalogue alien wildlife, craft equipment needed for survival and build a customized underwater base of operations. Gameplay features include:
Dive into a Vast Underwater World
- After crash landing on an uncharted world, players navigate a wide array of ocean biomes in search of answers. From sun-drenched coral reefs to deep-sea trenches, the surroundings and lifeforms change as explorers descend deeper – posing new threats.
Scavenge, Craft and Survive
- The adventure begins in an emergency Life Pod, where players must immediately find water, food and resources, then venture forth to discover blueprints and materials for more advanced equipment to increase their chances of survival.
Construct Underwater Habitats
- Survivors choose from a number of modules and components to build a custom underwater base, adding furnishings, vehicle bays, observatory chambers and more. As players dive deeper, pressure increases, so they must manage the strength of their base hull to stay safe.
Unravel the Mystery
- Never-before-seen architecture, a mysterious disease affecting sea life and secrets await in the deep. The game’s story tasks players with discovering the truth behind their crash landing and seeking the means to escape the planet alive.
Play Your Way
- Subnautica allows players to explore the ocean and manage health, hunger and hydration in Survival mode; endure the pressure of only ONE life and no O2 alerts in Hardcore mode; or unleash their inner visionary in Creative mode – which allows them freedom to explore the ocean and build bases with no health upkeep or resource costs.
Unknown Worlds Entertainment is an independent game company based out of San Francisco, California. The entire team is spread out over 11 countries on 4 different continents, with a collective goal of uniting the world through play. Founded by Charlie Cleveland & Max McGuire, Unknown Worlds Entertainment began with the release of Natural Selection on Halloween 2002, which exploded onto the Half Life mod scene. The commercial sequel Natural Selection 2 was released on Halloween 2012, and grossed over $10 million. https://unknownworlds.com/.
Panic Button was founded in 2007, and focuses on Making Good Games with Good People. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Panic Button has become a go-to studios for creating definitive platform versions of games, through challenging co-development, creation of developer tools, digital publishing, and original intellectual property. Notable projects include Warframe, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, DOOM, and Astro Duel Deluxe for Nintendo Switch™; Rocket League for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4; TO THE TOP for PlayStation VR; and the multiplatform Disney Infinity franchise. More information can be found at https://www.panicbuttongames.com.
Founded in 2016, Gearbox Publishing was established with the goal of helping developers around the world bring their products to market while retaining their unique creative visions. The mission began with the critically-acclaimed Homeworld Remastered Collection for PC, and have since been followed by many partnerships that include Epic’s Fortnite, tinyBuild’s Hello Neighbor¸ and Compulsion Games’ We Happy Few. Gearbox Publishing continues to remain committed to its mission to entertain the world and become the most developer-friendly publisher in the industry. Learn more at http://www.gearboxpublishing.com.